June 27, 2007

A Wonderful Evening

Last Friday evening was a great night! My family gave me a wonderful baby shower, to celebrate the addition of Michael to our family. It was such a fun night, shared with my immediate family and close personal friends. I walked in to a beautifully decorated Chinese-themed table and a huge cake with a picture of our son on the top, with "Hi Mommy" written down the side. My Mom found adorable "goody bags" that looked like Chinese jackets, and an adorable stork for a centerpiece. And the most appropriate menu for dinner....Chinese food, and lots of it!! Although I tried to use the chopsticks, I had very little luck, so ended up using the fork after all. Guess I better start practicing! It was so nice to visit with everyone, and then to open some absolutely wonderful gifts. You should see the library of books Michael now has. Amazing!!! We are so fortunate to have such a loving family and friends around us to share in our joy. It truly was a wonderful evening!

Oh, by the way.....for those of you that read my "Father's Day" post and my description of our Babies 'R Us excursion, you will be relieved to know that YES, we did receive as a gift the rubber ducky that measures the bath water!!! That was Brian's favorite gift of all!!!!


"THE" Rubber Ducky

So many wonderful things for our Son!

No comments: