July 25, 2007

We are in Beijing China!

After a very long flight (I think it was just under 14 hours), we have made it to Beijing!! And thanks to some wonderful medicine, I was able to sleep throughout most of the flight, except of course when we hit turbulence, which was not fun. We were greeted at the airport by a local tour guide who was very nice and got us to our hotel. Our hotel, by the way, is very nice! We have a view of the city, and were upgraded to one of their "executive" rooms.

Anyway, we are here, safe and sound. It is early morning now on Thursday. A little overcast and foggy today, but I think it is supposed to be very warm. We met two couples who came over on the same flight with us, and rode with us to the hotel. One couple is here for their first child, and the other is here for their second. The couple here for their first are from Milwaukee, and they seem very nice. We are going to meet with them this morning and go over to the Forbidden City. It is nice they live nearby so we certainly have alot to talk about.

Brian is still sleeping, so I thought I would send out a post to keep you updated. Hopefully this post goes through. I am still learning the ways around the internet from here, but I think this should come through.

Anyway, I will try to post daily to keep you all informed. All I can say is that we are very overwhelmed that we are sitting in Beijing China. It is truly hard to believe that we are here. It is very surreal, and feels like a dream. And very soon we will become a family of 3!!!

7 comments:

Christopher said...

Sue & Brian-
HOORAY! It finally happened. I can't wait to see your little guy..the newest addition to the family :)

Good Luck-Looking forward to seeing you both..oops...I mean all 3 of you :)

Christopher

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safe and sound! The bedroom is very cute too :)

Jeanine (fellow Nov LID buddy on the RQ Site)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue & Brian!
Wow....you are there - I can't believe it either! I'm so glad you did OK on the flight, Sue. I couldn't stop thinking about you yesterday!

Looking forward to reading all about your adventures. Monday will be here before you know it.

HOLY COW - you're in CHINA!!

Love you both!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

We are all so happy for you! It's hard to believe that your time has come and only a few more days till you can give your little guy a big hug! Cherish every moment.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for both of you and hope you have a wonderfull time touring China - it will make the time go by faster until you get Michael in your arms.


I will be thinking of you and will keep updated on your trip by reading your Blog .

Patti Antonelli

Mom 2 six said...

Yoo-hoo !!

Anonymous said...

Sue&Brian??????
I'ts so great to hear that you both are gone to have Michael in your arms in a few days,and Slug the paintings are Beautiful,Sue I love the green and Michael looks like he has alot of great toys,I wish we were closer to see all three of you when you get Home,but for now BEST OF LUCK,LOTS OF LOVE AND ENJOY.ENJOY,ENJOY
LOVE YAS KNUCKY